In this episode we watch trailers for the raunch comedy Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates, horror film The Witch, and comedy The Bronze. We also wrap up our look at Oscar Best Picture nominees with a review of Spotlight and talk about What We’re Watching.
– Andy: How to Train Your Dragon
– Dustin: Pistol Shrimps Radio (podcast)
– Cody: Oscar nominated documentary shorts(Body Team 12 / Chau, Beyond the Lines / Claude Lansmann: Spectres of the Shoah / Girl in the River: The Price of Forgiveness / Last Day of Freedom) / Cartel Land
Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates (Universal Pictures) — in theaters July 8, 2016
The Witch (A24 Films) — in theaters February 19, 2016
The Bronze (Sony Pictures Classics) — in theaters March 18, 2016
In this episode we watch trailers for comedy sequel Neighbors 2, thriller pseudo-sequel 10 Cloverfield Lane, and horror-romance fusion Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. We continue our series of reviews covering Oscar Best Pictures nominees with a look at Room, and we talk about What We’re Watching.
In this episode we watch trailers for Key & Peele’s new movie Keanu, George Clooney & Julia Roberts in Money Monster, and the new Suicide Squad trailer. We also review Oscar Best Picture nominee The Big Short, talk about why #OscarsSoWhite, and share What We’re Watching.
In this episode, we review Quentin Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight and watch trailers for Richard Linklater’s new comedy Everybody Wants Some, Michael Shannon and Kevin Spacey in the comedy Elvis and Nixon, and Baz Lurhmann’s musical Netflix series The Get Down. All that plus What We’re Watching.
– Andy: Incendies / Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans / Memories of Murder / Howl’s Moving Castle (Amazon Blu-Ray/DVD) / The Secret in Their Eyes (2010) / A Separation
– Dustin: Sisters (now in theaters)
– Cody: Southpaw/ Mistress America/ Dope
Everybody Wants Some (Paramount Pictures) — in theaters April 15, 2016
Elvis & Nixon (Amaxon Studios/Bleeker Street) — in theaters and on Amazon April 15, 2016
The Get Down (Netflix) — on Netflix August 12, 2016
In this episode, we review Golden Globe winner and Oscar Best Picture nominee The Revenant, starring Leonardo DiCaprio. We also check out trailers for Civil War drama Free State of Jones with Matthew McConaughey, comedy Whiskey Tango Foxtrot with Tina Fey as a journalist in Afghanistan, and Risen about the resurrection of Jesus. All that plus What We’re Watching.